- A quilting ruler and rotary cutter will be extremely helpful when you're trimming up your blocks.
- Paper or muslin for piecing. You would need one square for each square of your fabric. The thinner the paper, the easier it will be to rip off. I suggest using an old phone book.
- glue stick
- Thread- for piecing I generally just use white. You'll want a coordinating color for your quilting.
- Batting- I prefer Warm & White or Warm & Natural for cotton batting. You may also use bamboo or a polyester if you choose.
- Basting pins (safety pins will work!) or an adhesive spray.
- Either a walking foot or free motion quilting foot is highly recommended. If you would like to do simple straight line stitching you can make it through without a walking foot if you don't want to make the investment. A walking foot just makes things easier.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Hopefully you've started to gather your fabric for our quilt along! Here is a list of supplies that you will need.